Level 1

I have a new client who has two children ages 7 and 12 who both earned 1099 income as performers for commercials. The 12 year old earned 5729.00 and the 7 year old earned 1043.00. I'm not sure how to report. I told my client that while both will be claimed as his dependents, both would have to file a separate tax returns due to the income generating 1099's. Is this correct?

0 Cheers