BrianTC
Level 1

We do bookkeeping and payroll for about 35 companies using EasyACCT. I want to start e-filing W2 forms using the Information return System for 2021 for the employers we do payroll for. Looking at the Help articles I see that you have to register with SSA’s Business Services Online. However, it looks like I can only register as my company and not as a payroll service provider that wants to e-file W2 forms for my clients. Am I missing something, or is there no option for a payroll service provider to e-file W2 forms using the Information Return System?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Third-party preparers register once, and not for every client they represent."

And:

https://www.ssa.gov/employer/bsorahelp.htm#19

"Third Party Filer Questions:

Q 19. I am a third party filer (accountant, CPA etc.). Do I need a User ID for each company I am doing business for?
A19. No, third party filers need to register only once. Register using your company's EIN, or indicate you are self-employed. On the Registration form you should select the box indicating "I am a 3rd party submitter registering to do business on behalf of another company".
"

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

In case I read this incorrectly and the issue has to do with EasyAcct:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/easyacct/faqs/

"Does EasyACCT provide for forms processing? 

Yes, the EasyACCT Information Return System is included at no additional cost with the purchase of EasyACCT Professional Series. This module allows you to process dozens of forms for clients quickly and easily, such as W-2s, 940s, 941s, 1099s, and more."

0 Cheers
Cpeyton50
Level 1

Greetings All,

May I ask a question please I received a rejected return because the Form 8962 or a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the return. 1095-A Health Insurance This young man no longer lives with parents and filing single on his 2021 return. What is the solution for this.?

0 Cheers
Cpeyton50
Level 1

Form 8962 or a PDF attachment with ACA calculations has already been attached to the efile return and it's still rejecting 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Have you entered the 1095-A on the tax return (and filled out the "allocation" part of the 8962)?

There is a problem with 1095-A/8962 rejections that is supposedly going to be fixed something on February 3rd.

qbteachmt
Level 15

@Cpeyton50 

"I received a rejected return"

That means you are not using EasyAcct, and this is the EasyAcct subforum. And you posted in a W2 topic. That also won't apply.

So, yes, you can ask questions. But look at the top of this webpage to see the Menu for the software you are using and to which your question relates. That's the best way to use a Peer Community to seek help: ask a specific question relative to the specific program you are using.

Also, go to the main Home page and there is a long white bar for entering Search terms. For instance, go here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/

And enter:

And do not tab out or hit enter. You should see contextual results across Lacerte, ProConnect and ProSeries. Pick one that applies. Read a few, even. And feel free to start your own new topic, instead of like here, where you posted inside a topic that is two months old.

Welcome to the Community.