cdicfo
Level 2
The error is not occurring on Federal or California returns. The number begins with 12, is 9 digits long, and appears on the checks.
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I googled this:

bank routing number

And got a lot of results, including:

https://www.usbank.com/bank-accounts/checking-accounts/checking-customer-resources/aba-routing-numbe...

https://www.aba.com/about-us/routing-number

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
cdicfo
Level 2

I have the number, I took it right off the check. No other issues are occurring with the routing number. It also fulfills the stated checks in the hard-error "what's wrong" pop up. The routing number is correct - but the program keeps telling me that the Oregon return does not like it. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Talk to the Bank, then. I take client payments ACH and sometimes the electronic payment routing is not the number you see on checks.

0 Cheers
cdicfo
Level 2

Aha - well that might be interesting - B of A is just so wonderfully easy to contact and get answers from! I will try that. Interesting that they don't provide that on their website.

I looked up the routing numbers for ACH in Washington and I have the right one. The one showing for Oregon (the tax region) is very different but it will not meet the requirements stated in Proconnect (starts with 1 or 12). (That bothers me somehow--12 starts with 1). Anyway. Not sure where to go from here. Hold times for B of A are up to 2.5 hours.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Where is the client's bank located?  In Oregon?  There seems to be a special BofA number for Oregon that starts with a 3.  Is there a box to check where you have to verify that the funds are not eventually going to be sent out of the country?  I think this could be a problem with the Oregon Department of Revenue, not with the bank.  But since it's in North Carolina, I think calling them would be useless.  

Why is this your problem, anyway?  Have you suggested to your client that the next time they go into the bank, they ask if anyone else has noticed this?  Of course, if the clients are not in Oregon, they may be the only ones affected.  

If watching the mail for a paper check is the worst thing they have to do in 2020, they will have a good year.  Is it Oklahoma that sends a debit card instead of paper checks? Now that would be inconvenient.

0 Cheers
cdicfo
Level 2

Yeah, just trying to get all those little red marks off my paper. Client is in Washington (no local branch) - this would be a non-resident filing. The Oregon DOR said they have folks all over the place doing the money part on line and thought I would check with the software. It's just really odd. Yes, in the end, paper will be the last resort.

0 Cheers
cdicfo
Level 2

Oh, and they owe - it will not be a refund.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"It is important to know that in many instances Bank of America accounts use different routing numbers for wire transfers versus ACH transactions, and the states of Florida, Illinois, Missouri, and Texas have multiple routing numbers in use based on geography.

We’ve made it very easy for you to find your account number and the related routing number for both wire transfers and ACH transactions by listing it in your account page, all you need to do is sign-in and follow these simple steps below:

On our website

1. Sign in to Online Banking
  2. Select your desired account and go to the Information and Services tab"