freshy70
Level 3
How do I get the 8879-S to show up pre-populated with client info just like it does with the 8879 for e-filing 1040s?
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You can find the instructions in this article for the process to follow but should be aware that esignature by your entity return client is not recognized by the Code and IRS.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/using-esignature-with-business-returns/00...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

freshy70
Level 3

Thank you. I did not realize that IRS doesn't recognize esignature on 8879 for business entities. I guess that makes this a moot point. I'll have the client ink sign it. 

Do you know if there is a way to have the form pre-populated from existing return info or do I have to manually type in the info on the 8879?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You can partial print the F.8879-S from the return within PTO and email/fax/mail/hand-deliver it to your client or upload it to Link.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar