Does CA allow e-filing for 2018 amended return CA 540/X?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

@itonewbie thanks.  But PTO does not allow me to efile CA 2018 amended return f540 (f X).  How to efile? Ant idea?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

What error is it giving you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers

Federal amended returns cannot be e-filed. Be sure to file the federal amended return on paper.
Ignore option not available: This is a required, critical diagnostic.  US - Ref #13868.

I understand that you cannnot efile 2018 federal amended return.

Thanks.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You cannot e-file a Federal amended return.  The e-file box for Federal under Profile should be unchecked.  CA is a standalone state and you should be e-file that, independent of federal.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers

@itonewbie Thanks a lot.

You are right I should unchecked federal e-file box. But would PTO attach f1040X and the amended f1040 to the amended 2018 CA540 (including f X) by unchecking federal e-file box at Profile?

I also have other 2 attachments only to be attached to the amended CA540. It seems that by having these attachments PTO does not allow e-file by issuing these diagnostics: PDF Attachment #1: The pdf attachment is marked to be sent with the federal return, but the federal return is not selected for e-file in screen 1. CA - Ref #35156.

Please let me know how to solve the only 2 attachments to the amended 2018 CA540.  Thanks.

0 Cheers

@itonewbie the CA stand alone diagnostics are clear if I remove the 2 attachments.  But I do need those two items to be attached to CA f540.  Any idea?  Thanks

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Why not create 2 attachments for just CA 540 then?

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers