D2018
Level 2

I wanted to get thoughts on this. Have been hearing of CPA's saying they know how to get country club annual fees deducted for business expense's and also having their fee a % of the refund they are able to get. Am i missing the magical wand on  country club fees..? and percentage of refund?! Has anybody run into this?

Just wanted to get some thoughts on this.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Have been hearing of CPA's saying they know how to get country club annual fees deducted for business expense's"

Of course they know how - they commit tax fraud.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
D2018
Level 2
Absolutely! thanks for your input. Tired of hearing these things from clients about other CPA's!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Reminds me of a little story from when I first started out in public accounting.  We had hired a retired IRS agent that really wasn't ready to retire completely so he worked part time for us.  He said that he would always get the "I know someone who is deducting that" when he would come up with some audit changes during his IRS days.  He would respond by grabbing a clean tablet of paper and a pen and then would politely ask them for the names of those "someones".  To the best of my knowledge he never got a name in all of his years doing that.  So my advice is, next time someone tells you that, ask them to provide names because you know people at the IRS that would like to talk to them :wink::wink:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
D2018
Level 2
Ha! I like it. Definitely right, no names ever provided.
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Fee based on % of refund equals tax fraud and CPA loses license.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
D2018
Level 2
Absolutely! thanks for your input. Tired of hearing these things from clients about other CPA's!
0 Cheers