Zaldim
Level 1

I had my 2019 state of California return electronically filed by a tax preparer professional who is not a tax preparer in California over two weeks ago and I haven’t received my refund. Is there an over 2 week delay in California processing state returns? Or is it a problem that my tax preparer is out of state? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When you check the refund status on the FTB website, does it show its been received?

Sometimes CA refunds show up within days, other times they take a months for no particular reason. 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Why are you trusting complete strangers for information instead of asking your trusted tax preparer?

Slava Ukraini!
Zaldim
Level 1

i hear you but that’s what happens when your trusted tax preparer doesn’t reply!

It’s for the 2019 tax return and not the 2018 return. I was wondering if anyone would know if California state -unlike previous years- is delayed in processing?

0 Cheers
Zaldim
Level 1

When I check in where’s my refund in California State, it says “we don’t have a record of your state return in our files”. According to my tax preparer who efiled it, return was received 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Zaldim  wrote:

When I check in where’s my refund in California State, it says “we don’t have a record of your state return in our files”. According to my tax preparer who efiled it, return was received 

If CA doesnt have a record of the filing, thats a problem.   Unfortunately nobody here can help with that. 

Your tax preparer should be able to call the FTB Preparer Hotline and speak with someone to see why the website doesnt have a record of it.

And if you tax preparer hasnt responded to you, they may have taken some time off after the 15th of April...most of us do that every year.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪