New-to-QB
Level 2

Hello, 

I need your help regarding the error message i get SEIC-F1040-535-03 when tried to E file the the tax return for a client. 
Proconnect gives this solution : 

Error Message: For each child on Schedule EIC (Form 1040A or Form 1040), 'QualifyingChildSSN' and 'ChildBirthYr' must match that in the e-File database.

Solution: If there are multiple Qualifying Persons listed on Schedule EIC, review the `Description' field. There will be a number in brackets that indicates which Qualifying Person listed on Schedule EIC is causing this reject. Verify that the correct SSN and date of birth has been entered for the Qualifying Person. If necessary make corrections and resubmit this return. The IRS receives date of birth information from the Social Security Administration. If after verifying Dependent information that has been entered for this Qualifying Person, you feel this was received in error, contact the Social Security Administration at 800-772-1213 to verify that their records are correct. If SSA records are updated, it will take up to four weeks to transfer the updated information to the IRS. Wait four weeks and then re-file the return. If the reject continues, or if you do not want to wait four weeks to re-file electronically, you may print this return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center.

i doubled checked all inputs SSN and DOB and all are correct. 
So any idea of how to fix this ?

Thank you. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Ask for copies of the social security card (and birth certificate/passport) for each.  Check that the names, DoB, and SSN match perfectly.  The IRS' name control checks the following against the database of SSA -

• First 4 characters of the last name.  Specific conventions apply to foreign names but your tax software should already have taken care of that so long as your input is correct.
  • SSN; and
  • DoB

If you then determine that everything is correct, your client should call the SSA at 1-800-772-1213 to verify their records.  And if everything turns out to be correct but the IRS continues to reject the return, it will need to be filed on paper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post