dsocpa
Level 5

I don't work with many LLC's with VA nonresident tax so the Schedule VK-1 has me going in circles.  5% LLC member with 3 k-1’s for activity in MD, DC and VA.

The VA 2020 form 502 VK-1 Schedule has total income from all sources on line 6.

Line 7 VA apportionment % is 6.390081% - from Schedule 502A, Section B… Not sure how the clients share of the VA income is computed?

MD k-1 has line 2 total distributive pro rata share which is the MD income.

VA Sch. VK-1 shows the income earned in total from the federal k-1. I confess in the past this client’s income/losses for the LLC have been minimal to the point I did not file the DC or VA return. Although not a substantial amount the LLC does have income for 2020 and MD and VA k-1’s show tax paid. Specifically, on MD line D 1 and VA line 10.

Client owes quite a bit of tax as the LLC did much better than expected in 2020. I think I have a mental block at this point regarding the VA return. I read over the instructions for the form 502 Sch VK-1 a few times and find the instructions lacking. The total amount is flowing to the VA Activity worksheet in ProSeries which I don't think is accurate but there is no where to enter the apportionment % from line 7.  Should I request the LLC preparer send me the form 502A?

0 Cheers