SunnySpring
Level 3

Please help.

As I said, the New York partnership has two Nonresident partners, and the partnership has paid IT-2568 estimated taxes "On behalf of those nonresident partners" through 2020, based on its 2019 income.

And as I was told, I entered the total amount of IT-2568 in the "withholding" box under "1099-misc" section of the "SS benefits, alimony, and misc income" tab.  
But the problem is that ProConnect warns that I should enter "income amount" that should exceed the amount of estimated taxes, which does not exist, simply because the Partnership did not have any income in the year 2020.  IT-2568 tax was calculated based on its 2019 income, and the partnership didn't have a net profit in 2020.  

In this situation, what should I do?  There is nothing definitely as a positive (net profit) amount to enter there, because its bottom line was a negative amount.  Could I use the net income amount from the year 2019, which was the basis of calculation of IT-2568?

Please help.  I really need an accurate help, as I can't fail the e-filing of this individual client's return.

0 Cheers