pennyw960
Level 1

l have a client with 2 states, but the income is not flowing into either one - I made sure they are markd for the state and the dates of residents are in... What am I missing?

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That's because you didn't code the state of resident and sourcing of income properly.  See these articles for detailed instructions and come back if you have further questions after reading these:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/taxprocenter/practice-management/handling-multi-state-returns-in-proco...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/multi-state-taxes/help/input-multi-state-amounts-in-proconne...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
pennyw960
Level 1

I am showing them in there

Both IA and SC with the e-file and in the iras

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Capture.JPGfile box checked

0 Cheers
pennyw960
Level 1

The SC shows 0 and The Iowa shows 3599

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

If IA shows $3,599, you must have entered that somewhere.  Double check your entries.

I suppose this is a case of taxpayer moving states and would enter the amounts on 3 different lines:

• 1st Line: Enter federal wages US as STATE and N for SOURCE, so that it doesn't get sourced to either state;
  • 2nd Line: Enter $21,000 with IA as STATE and S for SOURCE, so that it doesn't get counted as federal wages; and
  • 3rd Line: Enter $20,700 with SC as STATE and S for SOURCE.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
pennyw960
Level 1

Thank you or working with me on this - I tried with the S source and that didn't work either, so I took it back off.  The 3599 is actually income from a 1099 f rom a schedule C - which there is also one for SC that is not showing up - Maybe I need to get someone from proconnect to log on and help?

0 Cheers
pennyw960
Level 1

I did that and now it shows 83,400 as income

0 Cheers
pennyw960
Level 1

and states did not change...   uggg

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Sch C, W-2, etc., they all work the same way.  If you have entered the codes for both STATE and SOURCE as explained above for each of the three amounts, you won't have $83,400 showing up as compensation on the federal return.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers