aarora
Level 3

I am looking to expert advise on how to amend partnership tax return where, on 1065 schedule B , the answer to question 25 is NO.. . I looked at the article https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/partnership/help/how-to-amend-a-partnership-return-form-1065... but it does not talk about Form 8082. I believe this form is required if the partnership did not opt out of the centralized partnership audit regime

Any help will be greatly appreciated

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

It's a pain in the tuchus.

I vote you wait til after April 15.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

If this is a 2020 return, file an extension by tomorrow and then file a superseding return.

Ex-AllStar
aarora
Level 3

Yes, its a 2020 return and I filed an extension along with the return. As far as I know proconnect online does not have the functionality to e-file superseded tax return. I will have to paper file that .Am I correct?

I will also e-file the taxpayer's 1040  with the modified K1 numbers. Since IRS is slow in processing new returns, there is a high chance by the time IRS matches up 1065 and 1040 the superseded 1065 return will not in the system. Will they send some kind of notice and how should I respond to that?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes the superseding return will need to be paper filed.

If/when the IRS notice comes you 'splain that a superseding return was filed on xx/xx/2021 and here's a copy.

Ex-AllStar
aarora
Level 3

Thank you for the advise.  Do you know if proconnect online has the ability to e-file amended tax return with Form 8082 and what's the downside of going that route?