Keith Clark
Level 2

Why is it printing a form MI8453 when that is not required when filing electronically with the federal return.

I can not get support to help with this. The cover letter references the MI 8453 which will be confusing to the client

itonewbie
Level 15

You may like to send your return to Intuit to have them look at it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Keith Clark
Level 2

I sent it to them twice.

There only suggestions was when I print the return on paper I can just pull that sheet out. When I told them that the MI8453 was mentioned in the cover letter they suggested I mark the state return as not filing electronically. Then the cover letter talks about signing the return for mailing so that does not work.

No real good answer and when I asked to talk to a supervisor I was denied.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Why am I not surprised by the response you got?  Like I said so many times, it may take direct escalation to the IRS and state DoR's someday to have Intuit fix things.

Instead of wasting more of your time, at least for the time being, you may like to prepare your own client letter (which is not) and pull the MI-8453 or just have your clients sign the form at the same time they do the F.8879.

@IntuitAustin @IntuitBettyJo  I just checked and the MI filing instructions are incorrect as the OP observed.  It is unreasonable that users should have to incur time and costs fixing these instructions that are clearly incorrect.  Could you please help escalate and give us an update?  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo Another user is reporting the same problem.  Would you have an update on when this will be resolved or what the problem is?  Thanks!

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/mi-and-fed-returns-don...

Still an AllStar
Keith Clark
Level 2

I can not get anyone to call me back or tell me anything about a fix for this.

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @itonewbie

After researching this one, it appears we're printing them on all Michigan filings temporarily to avoid a rejection. We are working to correct this so that this is not necessary and I will keep an eye out for any updates on timeframe for you. 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Thanks, @IntuitBettyJo!  I don't personally have any MI returns at the moment but it'd be great if this can be fixed asap for those who do.

Still an AllStar
Karen5104
Level 1

What's going on Intuit?  Why aren't you fixing this?

So frustrating!

0 Cheers