Level 1
Labels (1)
0 Cheers
Level 15

There's no easy way to do what you want to accomplish.  You could roll over the prior year return to the current year but then will need to manually delete everything related to the deceased spouse and re-code the surviving spouse as the taxpayer.  If the return is not complicated, you may be better off just creating a new return for the surviving spouse.  Whatever you had filed previously will still be there even though it'd be listed under the deceased spouse's name.

Still an AllStar

View solution in original post