TaxQuest2020
Level 2

My client has a federal credit union. The routing # starts with 263. I keep getting this error: The routing transit number (RTN) for the electronic deposit of refund is invalid. The RTN should be nine characters long and must start with 01 thru 12 or 21 thru 32. RTNs are validated against a check digit, which is the ninth digit of the RTN. If the computed check digit does not match the check digit input, the electronic deposit cannot be directly credited.

Has anyone seen this before and how can I fix it?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Be sure youre taking the routing number off the bottom of a check and not a deposit slip....sometimes the deposit slips have a different routing number.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxQuest2020
Level 2

Thank you. It is from the bottom of the check and I googled the routing number for this credit union as well. It's the same routing number. 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Check with the credit union to see if they have changed recently.  I have a client who missed the deadline for a PPP loan because their credit union changed names and the lender wouldn't accept the new one. 

Usually when I have a problem entering a number like that, it's because I hit O instead of 0.  They're just too dang close on the keyboard.  Try starting all over.  

View solution in original post

American Bank
Level 1

You may need to provide the correct Routing number for the transaction

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm glad that we finally got that one straightened out.

Slava Ukraini!