BirminghamBert
Level 3

I am having a strange issue with the special above the line charitable deduction of $300. Obviously the standard deduction is taken on federal.  The input page correctly notes that this forces the standard deduction if you enter the $300. However my issue is that it forces the standard deduction for Alabama also. Alabama is a state you can take standard on federal and itemize for state. 

If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I do California and I get standard deduction on federal and itemized (if better) on the state. This may just be a defect in the programming for Alabama. I would use Ctrl + L while in the client screen to open a service request with Lacerte. You can actually attach a copy of the return you are working on to aid analysis of the issue. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
BirminghamBert
Level 3

Mr. George, it appears that the Control + L doesn't work in ProConnect. I guess I am just up the creek for now. I may be the only person in Alabama that uses ProConnect. Thanks anyway. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@BirminghamBert I see the same thing in Lacerte. Once corrected there it will flow over to PCT. Be patient and it will get corrected. @IntuitBettyJo will report it to PCT

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

BirminghamBert
Level 3

Thank you very much!!!!!

0 Cheers