Ndante
Level 1

Does anyone have a good number to get through to the IRS?  I keep calling without success.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you a taxpayer or a tax professional?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Ndante
Level 1

Yes

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That was an either or question, not yes or no.

If youre a tax professional, try calling the Practitioner Priority Service number as soon as they open at 7am, that's when I get the luckiest at reaching someone in a reasonable amount of time. And sometimes they will give you call back option so you dont have to sit on hold.

If youre just a regular taxpayer, then youre in the wrong place, this community is for tax professionals, I dont have any special numbers for regular people to reach a human at the IRS, sorry. 

I think the advice would still stand though, call first thing in the morning when they first open,  and dont call early in the week, most people are trying to take care of business when the week starts and they lose interest as it gets closer to Friday....so first thing on Thursday or Friday morning would probably be a better time to call.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Ndante
Level 1

Thank you for your recommendation.  I will try first thing Monday morning.  I have called that number with no luck so far.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- Coffee, tea or milk? 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers