Rox
Level 3

Why is it that no matter the complexity of my question it invariably takes Online Chat an hour or more to get me squared away, assuming there is resolution at all? Often halfway through the session the CSR seems to forget what I am there for and my question has to be restated. A couple days ago I used chat because I was filing a state return for 2017 and the NOL carry-overs would not flow to the form. Chat began at 3:51 and ended, unresolved, at 4:49. I sent a copy of the return at 3:54, and at 4:13 I was told the required schedule was not supported. After some pushback and a request to escalate the case, the agent blamed high call volume, but did within 9 minutes return to tell me that the line I need (5) would be zero so there would be no Schedule included in the return. He said the schedule does not generate when the year's taxable income is zero, there is no way to override this. That is exactly when an NOL carry-forward schedule should generate. I ended up filing on paper. It was faster and more accurate.

0 Cheers