mike34
Level 1

It is 12/31/2020.  I have 4 business returns from 2015-2019 that I purchased and I need to prepare.  I already paid, when I go to print it says I have 0 tax returns and asks if I want to Buy more tax returns, I went ahead purchased one additional and it still would not let me access that tax returns.  Called support and Sales and they said they are closed due to holliday

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

When did you purchase those credits?  Credit purchased are only valid for the current tax year.  Unused credits automatically expire at the end of each year.  Printing and filing of prior year returns used to be free but not any longer.  These have been the policy for some time already.

If you had purchased credits for TY2018 or earlier years, those had already expired.  Unless you have unused credits you bought for TY2019, you will see 0 as your balance on the account.

In case you do purchase additional credits, you need to make sure you trigger a print of each of the returns TODAY.  Otherwise, your account balance will join the new year countdown tonight and you can Auld Lang Syne to the credits you buy.

If you need to buy additional credits, I'd suggest that you wait until next year (aka tomorrow) unless you have a higher volume discount this year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

"I went ahead purchased one additional and it still would not let me access that tax returns."

Btw, PTO allows you to access and prepare returns even without credits.  You only need credits to print or e-file.  If you cannot access those returns, I don't think you're really using ProConnect Tax Online, which is Intuit's cloud-based professional tax product.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
cccrandster
Level 1

I cant access any of my prepared and filed 2019 returns

Software says none were prepared

software problem

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Which tax software do you use?

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
cccrandster
Level 1

cloud based pro series 

proconnect

it shows all of my clients as if it is the beginning of 2019 & I have not filed any of the returns

https://link.intuit.com/

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

There is no such thing as "cloud-based pro series".  The URL you provided is for Intuit Link, which is a client portal, not a tax software.

Is your problem with your clients' documents not showing in Intuit Link?  If you access your clients' documents in Intuit Link using the URL you provided, that tells me you're not using ProConnect Tax Online because Intuit Link is fully integrated into PTO and is accessible only from the drawer within PTO.  If you use PTO and log into Intuit Link directly, you won't have access to any of the documents or messages you trade with your clients.

If you are really using PTO, the correct PTO should be ito.intuit.com.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
cccrandster
Level 1

wow...that worked
i need to delete the wrong bookmark that Im pretty sure I used all year

sigh

thanks for your help

I may retire from tax prep 🙂 

Im old enough to

(74)

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @cccrandster.  Glad you have that resolved.  Sometimes, it's hard to think straight when you're frustrated.  We've all been there.  Have a great new year ahead!

If one of the responses solved your problem, please consider marking that a solution to help others who may have similar questions.  Cheers!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
mike34
Level 1

Yes I am using PTO and I used Lacerte for 12 years and PTO for the last 3 years I am in the process of converting the software now.  On the 12/31 it did not let me access any new returns.

Mike 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@mike34  That problem was escalated to Intuit and was fixed, if I recall, on Jan 1.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
mike34
Level 1

The problem was never resolved, so I am not sure what you are talking about.  I was in the phone yesterday for 3 hours first trying to resolve the solution with tech support.  The rep seemed to be trying to figure out a solution and in communication with someone else, however she did not come to a solution.  Then again called sales, where I was connected to someone again that seemed to be overseas and for the 3rd time promised a call back by the end of the day, which never came. Then I tried sales again with an attempt to get clarification on the pricing increase and if there will be any discount as I received in the past.  The software had previously cost me about $5K per year, however based on the current pricing structure I calculated it out and the software would cost $24K.  Tax season is here and I need to move on.  I then contacted support regarding assistance in conversion so I can move to another software they told me it will take 3 weeks to get the data converted.  I have been completely blind sided and now after being an Intuit customer for the last 17 years, I can’t get the help and answers I need, at this point I just wanna move on however I guess I am now going to have to wait 3 weeks until the data gets converted. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@mike34  This is what I was talking about: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/i-am-finishing-up-thre...

There's a parallel discussion in the PTO FB group and at least one user has confirmed that the problem was resolved.  If you still have problems with your credits, it would appear that may be an isolated issue Intuit Support will need to assist you with (in spite of you having been bounced around).

@IntuitAustin  Could you please have someone reach out to the OP since he has had multiple contacts with various Intuit support teams and doesn't seem to be getting anywhere?  Thanks!

Still an AllStar