danflip02
Level 2

Hi all,

I'm trying to install this year Proseries but I'm having the hardest of times. After selecting the products I get an error that points to a network connectivity issue but I've done everything to make sure the traffic is allowed. I went so far as to look at netstat to confirm the connection is being made.

Any help is appreciated on how to get past this error. 

The error is "

A problem occurred during installation.

Please refer to this article for support

If your browser can't load the article, there is a very good chance your router or firewall is blocking all <-- fyi, i can connect to it

Thanks in advance,

Dan

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_hieu  any words of wisdom here?  Are you the right person to tag on installation issues?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
danflip02
Level 2

Thanks Lisa!

I worked with Proseries support yesterday too. I can tell you it took a long time with them. They had me uninstall Proseries 2020 but that cause new problems. When trying to reinstall v2020 the same issue happened where Proseries thinks there is something blocking the connection to their servers. I tried all these test URLs and all show that the server I'm trying to install all this on does in fact have a connection to their servers. 

Now, support had me install v 2020 and v 2021 via the CD image and THAT did install Proseries. However, now when trying to Update the proseries products to get all the forms back in v2020 so I can restore the client data, the update is failing and the result is back to it not being able to connect to their servers. So, I have v2021 installed now but v2020 has none of my client data because I can get all the forms, ugh.

What *I* found out is using Chrome on the test URLs I get a certificate error (using Firefox I do not get the certificate error). I tried setting the default browser on the server to use Firefox but no luck.

The Update log file does show that the connection to their servers "closes" (meaning it does connect) due to the certificate error.

Support found out that I was working remotely on the server and now they won't help anymore. 

Any help is much appreciated.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Theres a few of the program engineers that pop in here now and then for technical issues that are outside the range of what us other users that frequent the group are able to help with, I tagged one above....hopefully one of them can offer some advice, or can have you send them some log files so they can see exactly whats happening.

Its possible they just dont support working remotely on a server and wont be able to help at all, I dont speak network/server at all, so I have no clue how that works, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
danflip02
Level 2

Hello everyone that might be reading this,

I have resolved the issue. As I stated there was an ssl issue on the server I was installing Proseries 2021 on (after many hours of troubleshooting). 

*If* you open ftpfp.proseries.com/pub/proseries/check.txt on the affected machine using Chrome (firefox uses it's own certificates; not the built-in windows certificate store like chrome does) and receive a certificate issue (make sure to view the cert and see if the very top level certificate is expired)

*Then* this is your fix (credit to techglimpse.com/dst-root-ca-x3-expired-certificate-error/):

Step 1: Launch Run dialog

Step 2: Type certmgr.msc and hit enter.

Step 3: In the certificate manager window, click on ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities‘  > Certificates.

Step 4: Lookout for the ‘DST Root CA X3‘ entry and click the delete icon to remove it from the Trusted certification authority store.

Step 5: Download the latest CA certificate from letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgrootx1.der.

Step 6: Double click on the downloaded file and install it. Remember to choose ‘Place all certificates in the following store‘ and choose ‘Trusted Root Certification Authorities'

Step 7: Close the browser and launch it again.

Step 8: Test the website to ensure everything is working fine. If not, you may need to clear the browser cache and try again.

Hope this helps some out down the road because I spent way too much time on this not to share it.

FYI, don't listen to support when they say your firewall is blocking the connection when you know it's not the case.

View solution in original post