TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I found this recently "updated" article rather interesting.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/product-setup/help/create-a-template-with-standard-informati...

If there's standard information that you want to appear in every client's return, you can enter it in the Client Template file for that type of return. From there, it's automatically applied to each return of that type that you subsequently create. The type of information that you might enter in the Client Template file for individual returns includes:

• City and state
  • Filing status
  • Presidential Election Campaign Fund checkboxes
  • Calculate Form 1040 instead of Form 1040A

1)  State, yes, that would be nice.  Same city on every new client's tax return?  That seems a bit odd.

2) Same Filing Status on every new client's tax return?  That is really odd.

3) Same Campaign Fund checkboxes?  It isn't required to say "no", and I can't image that most clients would say "yes", so why would you want it to automatically fill that out?

4)  Form 1040A?  When they just "updated" this support article, did they really even look at it before updating it?

dkh
Level 15

Do they have any actual tax professionals on staff to pass these ideas by before posting ? 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I wish they had it for the state, CA makes me type in my first and last name for 3rd party designee on each new return....they automatically check the box and inputs my full name, but CA wants it typed in again, first name in one box, last name in another.....

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:
I wish they had it for the state, CA makes me type in my first and last name for 3rd party designee on each new return....they automatically check the box and inputs my full name, but CA wants it typed in again, first name in one box, last name in another.....

Wow, that is really annoying.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Do they have any actual tax professionals on staff to pass these ideas by before posting "

They would have to create another team to do that and I think they have pretty much run out of team names to assign to them.

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 12

The template only works{sic} for federal.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers