llhansen1
Level 1

My client has sold a primary residence in 2020.  Husband and wife each have a home office and expenses including depreciation have been reported over the years.  The home offices are internal to he property.  The sale of the home has been reported on the home sales worksheet. Prior to understanding that the asset entry form should not be used to report the home sale (due to business use) I had linked the asset entry form which included sale information to the home sale worksheet.  I now have a reported error in connection with the asset entry form related to both home offices.  I cannot figure out how to remove or correct this linkage error.  There is an embedded message on the asset entry form that states that I should select another home sale worksheet.  This makes no sense to me since there should only be one home sale worksheet as I would understand it.  Anyone have a suggestion for me.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Just ignore the link error. Be sure to put total deprecation taken for both home office's on home sale worksheet line 30. When you are sure all is right when you efile you need to uncheck box  enable error check. on the asset worksheet for each home office you still put date of disposition, but no sale price, and link to home sale

llhansen1
Level 1

Thank you for this input! I’ll try it.

0 Cheers