joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Joshua was a simple dog.  He ate, pooped, ran, retrieved and barked... in his simple ways.  

When he barks here, he does it based on the info as posted, at its face value.

If you told me it was an installment sale, I would talk about the issues relevant to installment sales, that I could think of. 

If you told me the IRS disallowed the Recovery Rebate Credit, I wouldn't question whether you knew how to compute the correct amount.  I would take your statement (that you didn't know why the IRS disallowed it) at the face value, and give you the benefit of the doubt that you KNOW what you knew the correct amount.

If you told me your client had checked the EIP payments, I wouldn't ask you how they did it - I would approach it as if they KNEW how to check it, and had the correct amount.

That is, until your info gave me a clue that the info couldn't be taken at its face value, or your were stepping into some Joshua do-do. 

That said, your other points are well taken. 

To me, it was possible that the deal was fully eligible for installment sale - e.g. 100% was for good will/client list.  I have handled it several times in my career.

Oh, boy.  I do miss my dog.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.