ejdtaxman
Level 7

I set up ES payments for NY, the first payment went thru fine at the same time as I filed the return.

The second payment was to be withdrawn on the due date of 6/15/21. I got an email from client yesterday that the payment was never taken and he is concerned (a little late telling me but I guess no one's perfect?) 

Upon checking in the program I see the 6/15 payment has an error that "withdraw date should not be prior to the current date." 

The return along with all ES payments and dates was filed on 5/13/21. Now that I am checking on the payments it's July so obviously the payment date will be prior to today so the error seems nonsensical to me. 

The other payments for Sept and Jan have no errors.

Furthermore, while I see a record of the first payment being taken with no issues, there is no such record of the second payment so I know it wasn't taken. 

So I would like to know why and how to fix for the future, and to make sure the last 2 ES payments will be made? This is very frustrating. 

PATAX
Level 15

@ejdtaxman I think others have had similar issues with this and I believe there are other posts on this forum which explain this... Do a search on this forum and you should be able to find those posts and hopefully your solution... Hope this helps.

ejdtaxman
Level 7

There are a lot of posts dealing with ES payments but none I can see about this particular issue. 

If you can link me to a thread addressing this problem, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll wait for an answer. 

PATAX
Level 15

@ejdtaxman I do not think this so-called smartphone has the capability to do that or maybe I just haven't figured out yet how to do that link... But I'm sure someone will come along soon and provide that link for you... IronMan and others are great at that...

0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

After some run around I have a couple updates to this issue for those who may be interested. 

I spoke with tech support on the phone and was instructed to call NY DTF and see if they had any information on the scheduled payments. Took me a little while to get a POA signed but I finally did, and NY had no info aside from the payment already made. 

Circled back with support and did a remote session. I was told the issue was that the scheduled payment date falls on a holiday, so the payment did not get made. He then had me re-enter and send the Q2 payment with a prospective date and it seems to have gone thru fine (don't have ack yet but fingers crossed). 

I accepted this uncritically at the time, but after reflecting there seem to be 2 problems with this. 

1 I am not aware of any recognized holiday falling on June 15, if I am missing something please let me know. 

2 The default payment dates are the deadline for each quarter. Why the hell would the government set the deadline for a holiday? And if they did by accident, wouldn't there be some sort of memo about it somewhere? I can't find anything. 

Further, I was under the impression that these payments can't be made or altered in any way after the return is filed, but somehow we went and filed the payment 2 months later with no issues. Can someone enlighten me? I am so confused. 

0 Cheers