Mike Murray
Level 1

One client's Return was rejected.  I then later E File it successfully.

The rejected one is still sitting there.  How can I delete it ?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So you Efiled a different file that was accepted? Generally you'd correct the rejected one and Resubmit it, so you wouldnt have 2 different files.

From a regular Homebase view (not the EFCenter) right click the file and choose Delete.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Mike Murray
Level 1

Thanks for trying to help me today. I still can't delete this file. 

I went to Homebase View. Not EF Center.

I couldn't find " Return Type" - this is a Form 1040.

There is only one Client in this category.

I've tried clicking on : Client File Maintenance.

Just doesn't work!

Can you advise me more?

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I don't think there's much you can do.... I had a  federal extension rejected b/c  TP had filed their own previously. I unchecked the EF file of 4868 but the rejection is still there.  

Couple of NJ returns had extensions rejected also due to weird end of season law change that Intuit couldn't keep up with. I filed extensions on state website but couldn't clear the rejection message in EF center. I was able to efile the returns when they got the software updated.

The whole rejection tab is new this year... Intuit will probably clean it up for next year...  It doesn't affect anything.....I wouldn't worry about it. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I was wrong. 

Uncheck the EF elections in Part VI of info worksheet and save  The rejections go away. 🙂

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Mike Murray
Level 1

Thanks a lot!

I tried this and the Federal disappeared, but I can't delete the State. 

I've unchecked all the boxes related to the State Return.

Any more workaround suggestions, or just wait to Call Intuit tomorrow for help ?  

0 Cheers