araltman
Level 2

I am trying to e-file an amended return and I did file the original.  I've changed only the dependency exemption which has gone to his parents.  I've followed all the "e-file amended return instructions" I can find but when I say yes to the :duplicate return - file anyway", I get the message that I have filed a return EXACTLY like the one I am filing.  Yet...it has a 1040X attached.

Thank you A. Altman

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I have the same issue but I have not found a solution. I posted it also but no solutions there either. Hopefully this gets resolved somehow and soon.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Sounds like a call to tech support may be in order.....  enjoy the hold music.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
George4Tacks
Level 15

i know that with Lacerte you need to populate the 1040x BEFORE you make any changes to the original return.  It looks like the same process with ProSeries https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/amend-tax-return/help/how-do-i-amend-an-individual-return-us... Notice that the very last step #12 is where you finally make the changes to the return. 

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I'll use another software before I wait on hold for support, but thanks for the suggestion.

araltman
Level 2

Thank you, I think I will having my client mail in the return.  I was hoping for e-file and a quicker turn-around.