PATAX
Level 15

I think Intuit should start promoting the Accountants Community more within our tax preparation software.. There have to be many more tax preparers who use Intuit that don't use our forum here... sometimes when someone asks a question that is specific to a state there is no response or very little... I would imagine there are many tax preparers that use Intuit in each state that has an income tax .... If more people would start participating in this forum we could help each other more and more tax preparers could get answers... Just my opinion. .

PATAX
Level 15

Should be INTUIT not into it... I guess Google Voice doesn't understand the little bit of broken English I speak either...

Accountant-Man
Level 12

I wouldn't waste too much time getting Intuit into it.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah I know... But it is a shame more tax preparers do not use this forum....

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I don't know where the individuals who are gracious enough to provide us with all the answers, get the time to do any tax returns themselves. 🙂

Maybe Intuit should step up and get the software correct somehow before tax season starts and this forum has to respond to all the flaws, year after year. Quality control in the Professional software just does not seem to exist. They are so busy making sure their "free" Turbo site is everything but free, there is no time or interest in ProSeries for improvements. 

PATAX
Level 15

@The-Tax-Lady the New York Yankees should sign you up... You hit a grand slam on that one👍

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

The problem is that management is clueless.  They don't understand that quality software will result in (1) higher customer retention rates, (2) higher new customer signups and (3) less need of Customer Support.  All of which increase profits.  Instead, they hand their tax products over to their evil and deceitful Marketing team and don't give a crap about the actual software.

PATAX
Level 15

@TaxGuyBill 👍Weren't we all taught to try to be the best at what we do?... Maybe Intuit should consider adopting this as their primary philosophy....just my opinion....

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Maybe Intuit should consider adopting this as their primary philosophy"

Their primary philosophy is "make more money".  Whatever shortcuts they need to take to get to the bigger bottom line now they are going to take ----------- worry about the ramifications later.

As far as the need for more people helping out here ------------------- that isn't going to happen.  There are a few of us braindead folks that take a little enjoyment out of helping a lost soul.  But the majority of folks are true Americans and believe in the philosophy of "I'm the center of the universe, screw everyone else".  

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

The "entitlement" generation -  "YOU" owe it to me, and you owe it to me NOW.  

Entitlement is a new four letter word IMHO.

(Yep, I know how old that makes me sound... 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Their primary philosophy is "make more money".  Whatever shortcuts they need to take to get to the bigger bottom line now they are going to take ----------- worry about the ramifications later.

But that is where the stupidity of Intuit lies.  They focus on the immediate "make more money", rather than the long term "make even MORE money".  A good product will result in a larger long-term money, but they are stupid enough to ignore that.

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN you hit the nail on the head Iron Man...

PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 I agree with you abc... I have had enough of these habitual takers too....

PATAX
Level 15

@TaxGuyBill👍 the old story of The Ant and the grasshopper should be read by all..

PATAX
Level 15

Since Intuit prompted me if I received answer to post: all of the responses we're very informative and appreciated.... obviously it is the opinion of many that Intuit can do more to live up to its potential....imho...

View solution in original post