John K
Level 2

We are now getting IRS letters from a few clients changing the refund due to a change in the Recovery Rebate Credit.  Most recent was a return efiled on Feb. 23rd.  Looking at the copy that I originally filled, and what's now in my program, they are totally different.  When did Intuit find a flaw in their software and silently correct it? Looks like the original calculation was giving the credit for ALL dependents, not just those 17 and under.  My bad for not catching in review! Wondering how many more of these we'll be getting?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
At the beginning of the season sometime, there was something weird that happened when you had teenagers on the return, the RRC wasnt being figured correctly unless you deleted and re-entered the teenager as a dependent.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
John K
Level 2

I could understand something like that on January 23rd, but this one I'm referring to was efiled on February 23rd.  I just would like to know when the correction was made so we can go back and review other potential returns with that error.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im not sure if it was ever officially acknowledged as a defect, but I remember it being an issue in February...if you remember we couldnt start filing returns until mid Feb this year, so weird issues that would generally be worked out in late Jan, early Feb, didnt get discovered or addressed until mid-late February.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15