paul5
Level 1

What is the price for the Proseries Power Tax Library (2019)?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It has always been top secret, but it should check in somewhere north of $6,000 - how far north evidently depends on your compass.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think it depends on who you ask.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
paul5
Level 1
I am well aware that Power Tax Library pricing is top secret and it depends on who you ask. I called Intuit 3 weeks ago to get a price to upgrade from Proseries Professional (1040 Complete) to PTL so I could quit being dinged $100+ a pop for business returns. They said everyone pays a different prices and would have to ask me a series of questions to determine a price. I didn't have much time (still in tax season) so I pressed them what was their criteria that would force everyone to pay a different price (the website shows exactly what is included in PTL so that is not a secret, only the price).  I did not get a straight answer and they hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor. I called again last week and got the exact same runaround. First, they could not give me a quote because they don't have 2019 prices yet (did not stop them from sending me a 2019 renewal invoice last week). Then I asked what MY price would be if I upgraded  to PTL today. Still no answer. Why the big secret? At least they answered the phone. I have also tried to call Lacerte several times and they don't even answer. I have just finished my 48th tax season and can't remember the last tax software I used before Proseries (decades ago). 2018 may be my last.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr)

Any help on this one?  If Paul did get a legit answer from customer service, I am curious what factors weigh into the different price structures for Power Tax.  Maybe I can call in and answer questions differently if I can get the software $1.99 cheaper ................................I just need to know the right answers :grimacing:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Hi @paul and @IRonMaN :smile: the base price of PT Library is $6226 (that does not include any discount pricing or the cost of Fast Path, Network licenses or any other add ons).
0 Cheers
paul5
Level 1
Can you quote me an actual price? Can't be that hard. I would at least like to get a quote before I switch.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
That sounds good - just leave off the fast path fee for me next year :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
@paul yes I will email you an updated quote so you can see the difference (i will pull your information based on your login here)
0 Cheers
paul5
Level 1
In case anyone is interested in Power Tax  Library pricing, Ashley did send me a quote in about an hour so it really was not that hard or a top secret. She quoted me $7847.64, which includes PTL, Fast Path, DMS and FAM (which the site says is included in the PTL bundle) and IL sales tax. This quote is remarkably close to the Ultra Tax quote I got today, which included more than the Intuit offer. For the record, I like Proseries a lot (but not Intuit support or the way they undercut their long term customers i.e Turbo Tax and new bookkeeping service competing against Proadvisors who have made a large investment in promoting Intuit products), I have not made a final decision yet but I can visualize a nice new car in my future purchased with the difference between PTL and Drake over the next few years.
0 Cheers
gregg
Level 2

I too inquired about moving from ProSerites Professional to Power Tax Library.  I called in and was quoted $8,207 (fast path, Network version and Power Tax Library).

I called back as a "New Customer" and was quoted $5,492.82.....I've been with ProSeries for over 20 years and they treat new customers better than a 20+ year customer.

Not acceptable...i'd love to hear a reply!

KGS

IRonMaN
Level 15

Their reply is, they give new customers a break because of the learning curve involved in a new software.  

Slava Ukraini!
gregg
Level 2

Still not acceptable...we are shopping their competetors.

IRonMaN
Level 15

When you are out shopping, be aware that some of the competitors also provide the same pricing philosophy.  So if you get a price you are happy with, make sure and ask them how long the price is going to stay at that level.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN @gregg yeah you have to be careful... Some companies will bait you with an apple and then before you know it you're chewing on a lemon... I remember years ago a bank had a decent offer on a money market account so I transferred money over into it but that only lasted for a short period of time and then I got stuck with a rate close to the Goose Egg🦢🦆🥚 ...yeah I know I should have read the fine print...