qbteachmt
Level 15

@KMRentals 

"I don't really use an accountant any more mainly because I never felt like I got any tax planning or understanding from using an accountant. Occasionally, I still have questions or something I want to revisit for a consult, but I never get satisfactory answers.

For example, I don't know how to capitalize property improvements correctly for a condo we rent."

Uh, okay. I think you need to find a better Accountant, then. As Dave Ramsey states it, "You want someone with the heart of a teacher."

Since this right here is a Software Forum for users of ProSeries tax program, Lacerte tax Program, and ProConnect Tax Program, and you posted specifically into the ProSeries User forum, and you are not using this program as a Paid Professional to prepare your clients' tax returns...We can't be much help.

It's like you walked into a Truck Rally and want to ask us about your Prius.

There is a big Wide World on the internet, with lots of user communities. Some forums revolve around Job requirements, where, like here, people pay tens of thousands of $$$ for the programs they use on their jobs, doing their work, using this peer community where they trade info such as updates made for compliance with late Congressional actions, or State Nonconformity to Federal tax laws.

And some places are DIY. Intuit maintains a bunch of subforum communities at their TurboTax forums, for DIY to get help on a variety of topics. Not just at tax time, but All Year. It's a good place for you to go.

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte Tax Preparation programs, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

That's a Link. Click it.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.