James P
Level 1

My client received W-2 from Uber (one-pager with 4 duplicate W-2's) however 2 of the 4 show DC vs MD.  My client's home is in MD.  He is a non-resident of DC.  Boxes 1 thru 14 of his W-2 are all the same amounts.  However, box 16 state wages are different are as the box 17 state taxes withheld.

When I go to the DC state return, can you please confirm that only Forms 40-B and the allocation worksheet are to be filed with the State?  Non-resident returns cannot be e-filed; only mailed in.  I do not see any calculation of DC taxes owed.  In fact there is no form for non-residents that show any calculation of taxes.  Form 40-B only shows the totals for state tax withheld and the refund which are exactly the same amounts.  So no calculation of DC taxes?

JPH

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes you fill out the D-40B and mail it in with the DC W-2s.

Is the allocation worksheet specific to ProSeries? I'm not familiar with it.

MD and DC have a reciprocal agreement so no DC tax is owed on wages earned by a MD resident.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
James P
Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Boxes 1 thru 14 of his W-2 are all the same amounts."

Because changing info is the State and local tax breakouts on the additional pages; the Fed Info isn't changing, so that part is redundant. They are not Duplicates; they are "additional pages of info."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers