taxesrme
Level 2

I have called support twice on this and no one can answer the question. It was great last year. I cannot find where to enter the info for the sale of an inherited home. Last year we could enter date of death, address , basis , closing costs etc. I cannot figure out how to do it this year. anyone find it???

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

CSR is useless......

Go to 1099-B worksheet to enter Inherited home. 

taxesrme
Level 2

last year they had a real nice worksheet to put in date of death, address or home , basis, but that worksheet is gone. And I agree, it would be nice if they hired people that knew something about taxes and the tax program. I have yet talked to one that had any clue about either. 🙄

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

They're not supposed to know about taxes, and we're supposed to know enough about Schedule D that any sale can be shown.  There is nothing special about an inherited house that makes it different from a   Mustang kept in the garage for 30 years, or a coin collection.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like a worksheet that belonged in Turddotaxx.  As tax professionals, we shouldn't need to be spoon fed something as basic as the sale of inherited property.

Slava Ukraini!
taxesrme
Level 2

were able to put lots more information on the worksheet. of course we can just throw figures on the D but I appreciated being able to put more info on the worksheet.

they arent supposed to know about taxes ??? really ???how can they know the software if they have no basic knowledge of taxes. good grief, thats just common sense.

plrraz
Level 3

I think frustration is  warranted when the way the information is input changes from one way to another; I think most here if not all are experts in tax prep.

0 Cheers
STANTHE MAN
Level 1

DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT I CANT

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15
taxesrme
Level 2

No, they took the worksheet away. You just have to enter it like a stock. I'm very disappointed in the program this year

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Personally I don't see the big deal. Enter description, date acquired, date sold, cost or other basis & exps of  sale and sale price. 

None of the other stuff is needed. 

But that's just me (Just my opinion 😀). Seems to be tripping up a lot of people this year.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You just enter it like any other capital sale. Included your cost of sale in with the basis so that the selling price matches any 1099-S (you can open the supporting statement in the Basis box to list it all individually if youd like).

saleinherited.pngsaleinherited2.pngsaleinherited1.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

Seems pretty simple to me. But what do I know?

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I remember being gun-shy about making entries directly on forms without a worksheet to "show my work"...so I get it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
sjrcpa
Level 15

Glad you do, and that you have been helping all these people. Obviously it's a ProSeries and Lacerte difference.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

It ain't that tough.  I don't get why why the multitudes were so perplexed by it this year.  Wait until they find out that in order to log into their program next year, you have to solve an online Rubik's cube.  Or maybe that isn't true and that was just a rumor started by some pot stirrer 🤣

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

stirring the pot.jpg

pot stirrer

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks for posting that ----------- I didn't want folks to mistakenly think that I was the pot stirrer here.

Slava Ukraini!
poolcleaner
Level 9

Enter the date acquired as Inherited.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"No, they took the worksheet away."

You mean this worksheet?

"click on the Schedule D worksheet, then do the quick zoon to 1099-b worksheet,"

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers