bheizer
Level 4

Had a client called all upset because we coded for their estimated quarterly payments to be withdrawn automatically but the April 15th payment has not been deducted from their bank account yet......has anyone else had this come up?

I'm hoping this won't or isn't an issue to have to deal with.

0 Cheers
themur
Level 2

Have the same issue. Balance due for 2020, as well as 1st estimate, have not yet been withdrawn from the client's bank account. Called ProSeries today and was told they have just become aware of this issue and will be addressing it. Something should be posted as an alert soon.

dkh
Level 15
ptax255
Level 5

Same issue. At least 6 clients have told me the federal 2020 payment has not gone through. But the state has. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

And this is one more reason I refuse to pay client tax bills through the software.  Just one more thing to go wrong and get sued over, or get into a fight over or even a milder hissy fit.....  It's a good idea but let the client's pay their bills.  It's easy enough online.

IRonMaN
Level 15
BillG
Level 1

I am having same problem.  Two clients with large estimated tax payments were not taken out on 4/15.  Also balance dues are scheduled for 5/17 so I am nervous about that.  Have called Intuit and they say they are aware - they also said call IRS which I am on hold right now for 1/2 hour so far....Intuit should be all over this.  I understand Lacerte having same problem.  BillG

PATAX
Level 15

👍 Iron Man I think that is an echo now for days and you can't blame it on my GSD🐕👍

PATAX
Level 15

I hope many of my fellow tax preparers learn from this and next year give their clients 1040-v payment vouchers to mail and give them their estimates to mail.... Not that difficult my friends... just my opinion

dkh
Level 15

I direct clients to IRS Direct pay.     Client used for 04/15 estimate and it was withdrawn on 04/15. 😁

sjrcpa
Level 15

" Called ProSeries today and was told they have just become aware of this issue "

That's 🐎 💩.

I wonder what "will be addressing it" means.

Ex-AllStar
QuickRick
Level 3

The work around is out. Hope you don't have a whole lot of folks who are affected. Literally takes a good half hour of time to

1) go online to make the required payment (late)

2) call and cancel the scheduled 6/15 double payment and then 

3) reschedule the correct Q2 payment.

Thanks, Intuit.

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

I think the IRS issued a notice acknowledging the delay and that they will process the payments. I didn't schedule any ES payments, but clients confirmed that their 2020 payments are being withdrawn.

0 Cheers
QuickRick
Level 3

Well, since I've already gone ahead and made the payment according to Intuit's directions, that would be just peachy if the IRS came along and withdrew another payment. Hey, just because it's Monopoly money to the IRS doesn't mean our clients look at it that way. Anyhow, lesson learned. No more electronic scheduling through Intuit for this preparer.