Is proseries going to update their system to be able to calculate the suspension of premium tax credit repayment.  Cant pass FINAL REVIEW until then?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It works for me.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

works fine unless youve got self employment in he mix, then youre stuck waiting for an update...I feel like I saw someone say the 30th?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

Nailed it definately self employment in this margaritta

dkh
Level 15

While a margarita sounds good, can you check to see if there is a Long Island Iced Tea ?

SO still no update in regards to premium tax credit for self employed persons..... is there a work around.  The article I saw was based on 2015 filings, and doesn't work for 2020 filings.... thanks

0 Cheers

Still no update?>

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I've seen the suggestion in other posts to unlink the Form1095A from Sched C then manually enter the premiums paid on the Sched C same as you would have to if the premiums were paid to any place other than the Health insurance marketplace

bethlynnkelly
Level 2

NO!!!  Even if you don't have self employment in the mix where you get the error...like I am for 25 self-employed clients....the software is including the waived repayment in the total premiums paid amount.  For example, my client paid covered CA $1643 directly out of his pocket for premiums...and now he is being forgiven $800 that he does not have to pay back..

His total health insurance premiums deduction is flowing to schedule A as $2443 total, the $800 forgiven amount included...can this be right???

0 Cheers
bethlynnkelly
Level 2

When you do a client with a 1095-a but not self-employed....are you seeing that the forgiven excess subsidy is still being added to the total health insurance premiums paid on Schedule A, healthcare expense worksheet?  Can taxpayers actually deduct the forgiven amount like that?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
so make a negative adjustment on the medical expenses worksheet to back out the excess that shouldn't be there.

(I thought they fixed that part already, but I guess not)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers