KAPtax
Level 1

I have a return where income exceeds 401% (468%) of poverty on federal return with what would normally be a repayment of 100% of 1095-A premium assistance.  With the suspension of the repayment by IRS all the 8962 calculation fields are blank (since the 8962 no longer applies?).  The CA PAS form 3849 is treating it like there was no federal premium assistance and creating a massive state PAS refundable "credit".  This does not seem correct, and there seems to be no way to override fields on the 3849.

Any help is appreciated.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Excluding the payback on the federal, shouldnt change the income or the CA figures.
Ive had several people with large Fed APTC paybacks but large CA net PTC credits (even before the payback exclusion)....Im not quite sure I understand how they can have the figures so far off like that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
KAPtax
Level 1

Thanks Lisa.  CA is treating it as if there were no federal assistance on the CA worksheet (Form 3849, line 11-D Annual federal PTC is zero - which is technically correct I guess.)  It seems to me that since the repayment does not apply, federal calculations have been suppressed on the 8962 and the software is not pulling over what would normally be the federal calculations.

Software is also calculating 100% of the premiums before assistance as deductible SE premiums, which does not seem correct either.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
There is an issue with the SEHI and the APTC, I believe an update will be needed for that.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
JCTaxAdv
Level 3

Updates to the Self-Employed Health and Long-Term Care Insurance Deduction Worksheet (in connection to the [excess] ATPC repayment suspension) are estimated to be completed by 4/30/21, per a recent E-file reject that came back to me this morning from Intuit.

0 Cheers