qbteachmt
Level 15

"I do know what I want the 1040 to show."

Okay; remember that we cannot see any paperwork. You have two complex conditions, so if you want us to follow along, separate and specific details help.

"Client has two IRAs, an inherited IRA and a Traditional IRA..."

Okay, but what about this part? "There actually were distributions from two different IRAs that were partially rolled back." When you use the phrase "the first IRA" we can't really follow that part.

On the forum, back in Feb, people were commenting the the combination with non-spousal inherited IRA was creating an error in the combined computation, which I think happened also only with Basis. You describe this exact combination.

"only the amounts not rolled over from the first IRA entered show up in Form 1040 Box 4b. The amounts not rolled over from the second IRA's 1099-R do not show up in 4b. Box 4a does correctly show the correct Gross Distributions from both IRA 1099-Rs."

"I think this is a ProSeries data entry processing problem. I have tried it several ways - entering the correct taxable amounts in Box 2a of the IRA worksheet, leaving it empty, checking and unchecking Box 2b (Taxable amount not determined) etc"

Make sure to enter each 1099-R separately and as provided, and scroll down on the 1099-R Wks to the inherited IRA section and check the box for one inherited as from someone other than spouse.

"What I need is a work around that will print the correct amounts (from both IRAs) on the 1040 in Boxes 4a and 4b as well as printing "Rollover" adjacent to 4b

Thanks for any help you can provide."

I see where someone tried separate form 8606.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers