Raj1
Level 4

ProPDF Print Filing Copy PDF without Bookmarks

April 11, 2021

Pro Series Professional

Normally for every Resident Tax Return, I print to Pro Series Pro PDF (No Paper Printing) as follows:

Filing Copy: With Std. Cover Letter + Federal + State TRs, as minimum required items

Client Copy: Only EFile Forms (Federal 8879 + State EFile Form as applicable)

Whereas the Client Copy prints without any bookmarks and opens up as a PDF on the full screen, the Filing copy opens with bookmarks on left side screen and PDF starting with page 1 on the right side.

Is there any option available to print to Pro Series Prof Pro PDF the Filing Copy of the Federal + NYS TRs as a PDF without any book marks so that the PDF opens on the whole screen?

Any thoughts / clarifications / updates would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Raj1

ProPDF Print Filing Copy PDF without Bookmarks

April 11, 2021

Pro Series Professional

Normally for every Resident Tax Return, I print to Pro Series Pro PDF (No Paper Printing) as follows:

Filing Copy: With Std. Cover Letter + Federal + State TRs, as minimum required items

Client Copy: Only EFile Forms (Federal 8879 + State EFile Form as applicable)

Whereas the Client Copy prints without any bookmarks and opens up as a PDF on the full screen, the Filing copy opens with bookmarks on left side screen and PDF starting with page 1 on the right side.

Is there any option available to print to Pro Series Prof Pro PDF the Filing Copy of the Federal + NYS TRs as a PDF without any book marks so that the PDF opens on the whole screen?

Any thoughts / clarifications / updates would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Raj1

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Not sure what you mean, without any book marks so that the PDF opens on the whole screen?

sounds more like your view settings in Adobe than PS

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
sjrcpa
Level 15

And, does it really matter?

There are a whole lot of real issues with the tax law and the software. This is not one.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Raj1
Level 4

Thanks for your input.  

I am "simultaneously" printing to ProPDF, two versions of the same TRs. When you open one (Filing Copy) of them, it opens with left screen showing bookmarks and the right screen with first page of the PDF.  But the second (Client Copy) version, when opened shows only the page by page pdf in the entire screen.

Since both these PDFs are created by Pro Series, I do not see any linkage of this issue with the "view" option of PDF software.

Also, I did not find any option in Pro Series print option to fix this issue.