dascpa
Level 11

I'm very disappointed.  You all promised me an IRS announcement and it never happened.  I really need these 1st qtr estimates to be delayed.

And tax returns are like spaghetti.  The more I finish, the more there is on the plate.  This s--t never ends. I'm only at 51% completion and I look at the pile to do and cry.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You just need to add some meatballs to that spaghetti and you'll be fine.  For what it's worth, I think most preparers are dealing with that same plate of spaghetti this year.  But when the dust all settles, I don't think the estimates are going to be a big deal.  At some point between now and next filing season, the IRS has go to come out and say "just kidding" as far has April 15th date is concerned.  They will receive to much pressure not to cave at some point.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

The IRS announcement was that PPE expenses could be deducted as medical cost on Sched A.   Not what you wanted but it was something.  

Glad I'm not the only one that feels overwhelmed with the backlog.  Worst thing is clients just don't understand or care.  They just want their tax return done.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Me toooooooooo......although I did make a "LITTLE" headway yesterday. Starting 04.01 I am going to a reduced/lighter schedule. 

I want this season behind me!!!!!

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

No one said you have to accept every late filing IDIOT who walks through the door as a client...

Just saying. You know how much work you can do / or want to do. Just say NO once you get to that point.

IRonMaN
Level 15

My clients have been very patient.  My normal turn around time is one to two weeks.  I had someone pick up their return the other day that had been here for three weeks and he thanked me for getting things done so promptly.😕

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I don't take new clients.  In fact, I have some I'd like to give away.   Any takers? 

TAXOH
Level 11

I might be willing to trade some of mine for yours.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I might be willing to take them, but first I would have to know how much cash you are going to throw my way to take them off of your hands. 💰

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Careful what you ask for...  I do have some clients I would pay to not have to do their returns.

(I was going to say I'd pay to make some clients go away but it sounded nefarious..lol)

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I (Kindly) told several to hit the road in the last couple of years.

I'm getting older, grouchier, and I don't need the stress.

A few buck's just isn't worth it anymore.

dascpa
Level 11

New idea - like sports teams trade players, online trading and auction of our clients.  I'll trade you Jim for Mary, or because of salary caps I have to unload 200 of my clients for one Lamar Jackson.  Maybe even start betting like FanDuels or Vegas. I'll bet the Hard-8 that John won't have all his documents when he comes in, or uploads?  Let's make tax season fun again.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sorry, I don't have any Lamar Jacksons to trade.  I probably can dig up a Shoeless Joe Jackson though if anybody wants to make a deal.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Keep your eyes/ears open...something more is coming out today....the suspense is killing me!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Do you have a friend "on the inside"  ????  

IRonMaN
Level 15

The same friend that leaked the big announcement on Friday 😂

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I need a new source, this one's jumping the gun!

The one that was supposed to go out on Friday, came out today..... its nothing that we didnt already know

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-extends-additional-tax-deadlines-for-individuals-to-may-17?fbclid=I...

Theres suppose to be something more coming out

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

With your lighter schedule, perhaps you can call your senator's office and express how the May 17th date is a big joke, which would be appropriate on April 1st.  Given the time for the program to update for unemployment, and then given the time for the program to update for the May 17th date, there really wasn't an additional month to complete things.  On top of that, the estimated payment date is ridiculous.

It sounds great to have a high powered attorney as IRS Commissioner, but I would rather have someone who has actually prepared returns and can understand what starting three weeks late means to preparers, what a major tax law change in the middle of filing season means to preparers, and how making the filing date May 17th is totally negated for anyone who has an estimate still due on April 15th.