Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Anyone else noticing that the tax liability of your client’s 2020 individual tax returns has changed after the return has already been e-filed. What is going on? Why is this happening? I sampled several returns myself this morning and most of them resulted in a $1,000+ adjustment to their tax liability. This is unacceptable.

Also, recently the ProSeries Professional program has been crashing daily. I have attempted to run the Client Query which will allow me to see the full extent this issue, but I can’t even use that tool because the program has crashed every single time I run it.

This is AGI changing - not the stimulus credits. And none of these clients have any unemployment compensation. What's gong on here? I can't even determine what ProSeries is changing other than looking at the "Display Changes" screen where it shows me AGI decreased. Why did AGI decrease????

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Hey Lisa...

Someone needs your answer / explanation!!!

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I've heard its due to RRC. But I cant say for sure. I would prep the return by hand and then do the math to see whats been going on. 

Intuit has butterfingers again......

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Lisa is a peer user as we all are. 

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Garman - understand that about Lisa - I just think I have seen her answer this a number of times, and she understands it better than I, as I have not had this particular problem.

have a great day

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a glitch regarding the advance recovery credit.  It's a bogus message that you can ignore.  As a side note, I have them popping up in my system too.

Edit: as a side note, the E in my middle name stands for Lisa ------------  my folks couldn't spell very well.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@jeffmcpa2010 wrote:

Garman - understand that about Lisa - I just think I have seen her answer this a number of times, and she understands it better than I, as I have not had this particular problem.

have a great day

Yeah, she is pretty dope!! She is a super user. 😁

You too!

0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Why isn't Intuit adding a yellow banner to the homebase advising us of this REALLY IMPORTANT issue? We get yellow banners to tell us unimportant stuff from time to time, but this is a big deal. And why is the program displaying changes to the stimulus credits? Is it trying to tell us that the IRS made the change on their end and my client can expect a change in their originally-filed refund? Would be kind of nice to know that so that I can preemptively contact my client and let them know what's going on...BEFORE they call me and let me know their refund changed. Reduces the embarrassment aspect of the call.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So look at the return, what got changed?  There was an update yesterday that changed the 150k income limit for UI exclusion...is that what youre seeing?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

For some yes, but IRS is changing those refunds automatically.

Some are changes to the stimmy. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive been locking all my returns after theyre accepted, so they cant be changed by an update until I unlock them.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If the income changed, the stimmy might change as well.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

And yes, IRS says they will auto correct for UI returns, but the software has been updated for the change so you may be seeing what the IRS will be changing it to.

Ephesians3-14
Level 8

The ones with the stimmy change had no other changes in income

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The message "things have changed" and it shows the RRC being disallowed is a programming bug, the return itself doesnt change.

qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is the announcement:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
atxcpa
Level 2

I had problems with information being erased from client files around the 24th of March.  ProSeries said they were coming out with a patch the following week.  I am now having issues with numbers changing in a trust return after completion.  Tech support blamed it on Norton.  it is not a Norton issue.  I had to override totals on a form, which initially prompted an error message.  The error message has subsequently disappeared, but the override is still in place. Anyone having similar issues?  Any insight to the problem or a fix would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I had figures on a trust return change back in April after I saved/closed then reopened the return (I cant remember the details of what happened)...Im wondering if there's something thats not computing properly until after its been saved?

0 Cheers
atxcpa
Level 2

The change was the total income amount on Schedule E.  The total was erased, which in turn changed the 1041 because the income no longer flowed from Schedule E.  Total Income is a calculated amount, so should not be overridden.  However, it would no longer autofill, so I had to override the blank with the correct amount.  I received an error message when I applied the override, but it has now disappeared.  The return had been through all reviews (so opened/closed many times) and the e-file authorization had been sent to the client.  The e-file authorization had the correct numbers on it. Tech Support does not have any idea as to why this happened. 

0 Cheers
amatheny
Level 1

YES! I have had three clients contact me saying they owe money because the IRS showed a different amount due than the return that we printed to SmartVault from ProSeries. This is AWFUL! I just pulled up a return a client called me about, and it is not like the return ProSeries printed out originally and which I thought was what was efiled.

This is a major disaster. Anyone have a solution? I am waiting for a callback from Intuit.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

e solution may be not to efile during the first few days it is available.

And, check the returns first. Don't just assume the software is correct.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

WHAT was changed?   There are times when a law changes mid season and affects returns already filed.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you actually verify that the return that was transmitted agreed to what you provided to the client before you hit that send button to the IRS?

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@amatheny wrote:

I just pulled up a return a client called me about, and it is not like the return ProSeries printed out originally and which I thought was what was efiled.

Immediately before e-filing, you should be matching the amounts on the 8879 with the amounts shown in the program to verify that is what is being e-filed.