andy9963
Level 2

UPDATE - I spent three hours on the phone with Pro Series support yesterday. VERY frustrating. They had me uninstall, then reinstall, then attempt to re-populate my client data. The program crashed and closed at least a dozen times in that process (so much for the reinstall option being the fix). I had a supervisor call me back today (to further complain about the lousy service in the middle of tax season). He told me that the fix is NOT to reinstall (wasted 3 hrs yesterday), but to close the program and (in Windows), open the Pro Series Basic Edition 2020 folder and select "TOOLS - REPAIR UPDATES". Supposedly, the reinstall covered this and the crashing may have been related to reimporting the data. They thought it might be anti-virus software related (I disabled McAfee to do the data re-transfer, but it still crashed when I tried to do more than 4 client data files at a time).

They offered a credit to compensate for the lousy ProSeries experience this year and all the lost time - non billable time!!! (slightly more than 10% of my license fee). I'll re-post if I find I'm still crashing. Today, so far, so good. Was able to efile without crashing (that's been my biggest 'crash point' so far). Fingers crossed.

Good luck all!

0 Cheers