forcaas
Level 1

i have several 2021 federal tax returns that were filed on the first day of efile.  still moneys not been released....all others past that date have been.  anyone else having this problem...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Once IRS accepts the returns, its out of your hands.  Its between IRS and the taxpayer.   Nothing you or anyone else can do about it, you just have to wait for IRS to complete the processing. 

Every year there ends up being a bunch of returns that are filed on or before opening day that get hung up in the processing system.   

Many seasoned professionals avoid filing these first few days of opening season, just for this reason.  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

"i have several 2021 federal tax returns that were filed on the first day of efile.  still moneys not been released....all others past that date have been.  anyone else having this problem."

Kudos to you for being ahead of the game... i have not even thought about filing 21 returns yet...

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.