MARYNAV
Level 3

The program crashing is out of control.  It happens about 10- times a day and isn't tied to any one thing I am doing.  Sometimes it happens when I am printing, sometimes when it is just open and I am putting together a tax return, sometimes when I am entering data.  

I have tried the fix that was offered by Pro Series a number of times and that hasn't helped at all.  

This is just icing on the cake of an already stress filled tax season.

Is anyone else experiencing this increase over the past week to 10 days.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you rebooted the computer THEN used the Repair updates in the Windows Program menu (dont start up ProSeries)?

Scroll through this thread to find this post 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/pro-series-crashing/00/...

orlando.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Ernie
Level 9

Lisa:  I did reboot and then do the repair.  When that did not fix it I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Did not help.

They need to get this FIXED!  QA?  I don't believe they have one or they are failing miserable.

Dusty Ernie.

Ruby16
Level 1

Program has been crashing at least once a day since I started in Jan. After update on Thursday, Feb 18th it's crashing pretty much every client during prep and when I try to e-file. Applied the "repair update" fix several times. No help. Spent two hours e-filing 3 returns on Saturday. Took Sunday and today off figuring they'll have a fix today. I will go in tomorrow, and if it's still crashing I will seriously consider getting Drake.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
sounds like they cant isolate WHY its happening so they dont know what to fix.....Ive only had it happen twice, once on Friday and once on Saturday...just had another Windows update this morning..so far so good.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
MARYNAV
Level 3

I just read Ernie's reply and I like him have tried their fix multiple times.  Closed everything I was working on, rebooted my computer, ran the fix and then reopened Pro Series and it didn't help at all.  If anything, the past couple of days it is actually worse.  I have taken to saving my files every few minutes. 

I don't get any error message, Pro Series just quietly slips away and closes itself each time.

I just tried the other thing that was in the thread about "sending logs" to Orlando and when I tried that I get a message that there was an error in creating the zip file.

This has not been a stellar year for Pro Series for sure.

Ruby16
Level 1

All I get is "proseries has stopped working unexpectedly" message from microsoft

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Just like a few years ago with the printer issue....I dont think Intuit has any clue as to why its happening. I truly believe its a programming thing. 

MARYNAV
Level 3

Ugh.  I remember that all too well.  We had to print everything to pdfs and then print them from the pdfs so it wouldn't crash.  

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@MARYNAV wrote:

Ugh.  I remember that all too well.  We had to print everything to pdfs and then print them from the pdfs so it wouldn't crash.  

Yes!! I've been printing directly from a PDF since before that issue happened so, I was safe. A few years before when I'd print from within PS, it would take several minutes.....no one at PS gave me a satisfactory answer. My IT guy said to print from PDF and it was WAY faster!! 

0 Cheers
MarioG
Level 1

Maybe Proseries its infected and need a vaccine.

TAXOH
Level 11

This didn't start happening to me until the last update and today (so far) it has only closed out once when I tried to open a file.

0 Cheers
TracisTax
Level 2

Yes program shuts off at least 10 to 20 times per day, no crash message appears any more now just simply logs out and shuts down completely.  This has to be an error in one of the last updates we did!  Please proseries fix this before we all pull our hair out!

fredr
Level 4

Program crashed six times today, this needs to be fixed.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Crashing on my end too. I think they are lost. 

0 Cheers
ml1tucson
Level 2

Mine too. Crashes from no apparent reason and without warning. This is a total disaster. I never know when it will do it. Has crashed from Save, Print, Got to state, or just from putting in a value. They really need to get this fixed.

0 Cheers
Bighouse
Level 1

I've done all of the above/below and same results. Program is crashing constantly, this is a frustrating tax season to begin with I don't need additional stress added!! Please fix this 

0 Cheers