Greynewfs
Level 3

I locked a previously filed client.  When I opened the return ProSeries had already made the adjustment. Now how do we get them filed?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

So the locking didn't actually lock it?

The IRS has said do NOT amend at this time.  Preliminary indications are that the IRS is going to try to fix things themselves.  But until we hear more, we need to be patient and wait.

View solution in original post

Greynewfs
Level 3

Thank you

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So the fix has been implemented in the software?  I did repair updates this morning, but my previously filed returns with UI havent changed....maybe the update came out after I did the repair.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Yes, it came out a few hours ago.

But be aware that they did NOT change the States, so you need to manually adjust things in many state returns (I think in the case of California, you add it back so it doesn't double-deduct it).

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive been adding back to CA already for the ones Ive done manually.
I think I'll wait for tomorrow to update and see what kind of train wreck it leaves behind for those I already made the adjustment for and Efiled.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

The update changed the amounts on the IRS and Ohio State and School Districts returns that were already filed. 

No I didn't lock them, so I guess I'll be doing overrides, if Ohio decides no, in order to give clients their correct paperwork or trying to amend the Ohio returns with overrides as a starting point. What a mess.

0 Cheers
jgm6520
Level 3

I think that you're correct. The current updates "automatically" correct for the exclusion.

0 Cheers