AnhNgoc
Level 4

So, with the new update of UCE for Federal, everything look good. But with State of California, We still need to add $10200 back in other income?

Best, 

plrraz
Level 3

Check your CA income.....its already non taxable.

0 Cheers
AnhNgoc
Level 4

But when we deduct on fed sch 1, it will double deduct in CA 540.

plrraz
Level 3

Sounds like CA may need a software update as well 🙂

JoeT214
Level 2

Pro series needs to send a message right away, stating to stop all California e-filing until they fix this

Sancheztax
Level 2

Yes , we need a California Update because of the reasons below our counters have mentioned, we have come with remedies to try to increase the income after the update for federal reduce the adjusted gross income in the state return 540 line 13 comes in bad adjusted. This is giving a wrong refund to clients and will occasioned numerous letter from state in the future if you or I file these returns and angry customers.

Proseries, please help in this matter. 

and or let me know if this is ok to file state returns because I believe here there is something wrong.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Actually, there are A LOT of States that need to be corrected.

Intuit was completely negligent at not even mentioning that State returns have not been adjusted and likely require either an update or a manual entry.

AnhNgoc
Level 4

Even thought we add back UCE to others income, it also make CA calculate wrong in EITC and after that the $600 CA stimulus. Because EITC in CA base on Fed AGI but when we add UCE back, it just add back to CA Adjust.

This year CA will send out a lot of letter and we may have more a lot of works.

0 Cheers