Patriotman769
Level 1

I e-filed a Form 1040. I just tried to print it to my desktop. An error message popped up stating "ProSeries has detected that the amounts calculated in this return have changed since the return was e-filed.  Please review the changes to determine if an amended return needs to be filed."   A worksheet also pops up showing the differences.  However, I reviewed the return to see if the changes listed on the worksheet were actually made in the return.  They were not actually made.  Nothing on the return has changed.  Anyone else had this same problem?  If so, what, if anything, should be done to correct it.

0 Cheers
LG-CPA
Level 4

When ProSeries pushes out updates, changes to calculations within the return could be one of those updates.  ProSeries won't change your return, but the alert is to let you know that you might want to file an amended return because of the change.

Rosie17
Level 1

My question is, how do you know if an amendment is needed? All of my changes have been related to the Recovery Rebate Credit and based on my clients answers, those credits are due to them.

0 Cheers
KMM
Level 1

I am getting the same message on "some" returns that are due the Recovery Rebate Credit.  I feel that the returned e-filed is correct. And I didn't make any changes to the return since filed.   But I too want to know why I'm getting this message.  Did you @Rosie17 find anything out?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"But I too want to know why I'm getting this message."

Here is the announcement:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers