jmservice
Level 1

0 Cheers
dmccpa
Level 3

I just came on here to ask the same question.  I thought the amount was $10,200 and I have to file numerous amendments because of it.  I tried to call ProSeries but the wait time is over an hour.  I thought they would be making program updates and sending them out.  I don't think we should have to make manual adjustments but IDK. 

0 Cheers
Liesal
Level 4

An actual alert from intuit would be nice .ie are they going to do a program update or are we tax preparers to do a manual adjustment for software that we pay beacoup dollars.  Again just letting us know so we dont waste time waiting for a program update if they arent going to do one or if they are ,we know that too.   Instead we get referred to IRS website.

0 Cheers
dmccpa
Level 3

I totally agree.  I saw the link about the stimulus package and unemployment but it told me NOTHING! Like I said I have numerous amendments to do now, which isn't intuit's fault but I also have returns with UI on them that are just sitting now waiting for an update.

Needless to say I feel like Intuit makes me look like a smacked ass both as a QuickBooks user and a ProSeries user. You should see the garbage I deal with using their payroll function. 

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Just read any of the other dozens of threads with the same question.

Many link or post the irs instructions on how to compute and report the exemption.

It is easy and simple and does not require a software fix.

dmccpa
Level 3

Thanks

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

And what about the 40+ states who haven't said what they're going to do yet.  People - just wait for a software update. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

The notice at the top of this webpage has a Link to the IRS which asks you not to file amendments.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-statement-american-rescue-plan-act-of-2021

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers