Slats
Level 4

What I expect is that the software will not be updated until close to the end of the original date for filing. It doesn't appear there is any traction for moving the filing deadline beyond 4/15 of this year even giving consideration to the massive loads placed on taxpayer and tax professionals shoulders.  We just all have to hang in, hang on and hang loose for the rhythm to catch up to the lyrics.  As for previously filed returns, there will be the need for an amendment, Form 1040X.  Thankfully those are now e-fileable which will lessen the burden. And you can be a hero to your clients by accessing them another tax refund! Expect with all the "noise" in the system to experience delays in the processing and receipt of these additional refunds though. I speculate between 8 to 12 weeks for issuance of refund after filing 1040X.  I have filed approximately 500+ returns with unemployment so I am now going for my  "fourth wind" and looking forward to a late spring and summer of lot's of time at the desk and lot's of phone conversations with clientele.  Just another rainbow after the storm.  As for ProSeries; I would expect a delay of at least 2 to 4 weeks before even alerts are seen about the changes.  As time has gone by with my last 27 years of using the software, I have seen things be delayed more often than previously.  It is nice to be able to update electronically, though I miss the days of the CD mailing and updates application at times. Seems the program worked better back in the day.