Well this isn't really a question but I need to tell someone that understands!  My client's 18 yr old made less than $4000, is still in high school now, and they told me to file her taxes and claim the recovery rebate.  After spending a long time on the phone with them explaining to them they can't do that and why, they still are going to.  I told them I would not file the child's return.  They are going to do it in turbo tax.  They called me back and said they answered all the questions correctly and she is getting the $1800 and to take her off their return as a dependent.  I told them I would take her off.  Could this be fraud on their part?  I have followed everything up with emails with explanations so I have documented my part in this.  Of course they called an EA friend of theirs who conferred with their CPA boss and was told they could do it.  And of course all of this girl's friends are doing it.  yada, yada, yada....Sheesh!  So....wait....I do have a question.  Will the IRS give her the money or not?  And if they do will they audit and ask for it back?  I am not enjoying tax season this year as I usually do.  😕