caroljo
Level 5

I have lost 3 clients from my home page in the last few days.  I have to start from scratch entering their information.  I don't have 2 years comparison nor history for them either. It is like they never were.  What the heck is going on?

0 Cheers
timmurray
Level 3

Are you trying to open a ProSeries tax file through your network, away from your main computer with HomeBase?  That can confuse HomeBase.

Tim

caroljo
Level 5

No, I am using only one computer. I am a one person tax preparer.  No one else has access to my computer.  The files are just gone.  I have to start over just like a new client.  Thank goodness the ones I have lost are pretty simple ones with no depreciation schedules, but I am really afraid this might happen with some of my more difficult ones.  So far I have only lost 3 and they were all new ones that I did in 2020 for 2019 taxes.  The first one I lost was on March 2.  Now 2 more since then.  This is getting scary.

0 Cheers
caroljo
Level 5

timmurray...Thank you for trying to help me.  I replied to your suggestion.  Since then I went back and checked.  I have lost a total (that I know of)  12 clients.  All the ones that I included in that number were new last year.  This is really getting scary because some of those who I have lost are not easy ones.  Does anyone know who I can talk to about this.  HELP!!!!  I have been using ProSeries for many years and nothing like this has ever happened.  

0 Cheers
timmurray
Level 3

The data files are probably not gone.  Homebase is probably confused.

Have you tried the pull down menu:  <Homebase>, <Homebase Maintenance>?

Tim

caroljo
Level 5

Thank you Tim..Yes I had tried that  I ended up calling ProSeries and a very nice man helped me through it.  It was more involved that we thought.  Somehow 12 clients (all new in 2019) got lost.  Finally he figured that they were in the  2019 32/bit area and was able transfer them to where they belonged.  Thank goodness things seem ok now.  Thank you for your concern.  

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Good you found them.

Where are your backup files?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.