avigadre
Level 1

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So its a multimember LLC?  or an S-Corp?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
avigadre
Level 1
it is multi member LLC not S Corp
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So where is it making you choose the SMLLC?   

0 Cheers
avigadre
Level 1
CA form 568
0 Cheers
avigadre
Level 1
I am using 1065 for Fed and 568 for CA
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
in the 1065 program you clicked the State button and choose the CA LLC?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I just had one open on my screen, its working fine here.....sounds like youre attempting to create a 568 using the 1040 program, not the 1065.

0 Cheers
avigadre
Level 1
yes, I am using 1065 for IRS and 568 for CA. Doing this since 2009 but this time getting error.
0 Cheers
avigadre
Level 1
Selected box that partners are related to each other. Is that why it is treating SMLLC ?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I just worked on one today at the office, but I didn't get any odd error messages like you are.

If you uncheck that they're related does the error go away?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Which SMLLC box is it wanting you to check?  What page is it on?

0 Cheers
avigadre
Level 1
on 568 after Item GG - 1 and 2 there is box "Single Member Limited Liability Company (SMLLC) Smart Worksheet - A. Check the box if the SMLLC has elected to be disregarded". It is not SMLLC so it should not ask this question.  
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I went through checking a bunch of those bazillion yes/no boxes as YES trying to get that box to give me a pink error, I'm not finding a trigger for it...
Have you done a lot of work on that 568?  Is it Pay Per Return and you've already paid for it?   If not, I'd delete it and start over from scratch.

0 Cheers
avigadre
Level 1
Thanks Lisa for all the responses. Really appreciate it. I will delete and recreate. Intuit is blocking me from responding to your messages saying "I am violating their policy" ...hence delay in my messages.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ugh!  its an overzealous spam filter that makes that message pop up....we had an issue in here with someone spamming the board with Mumbai dancing girls once  LOL   

0 Cheers
Avigadre, Did you ever resolve this issue?
0 Cheers
avigadre
Level 1
Lisa advised me to back-out all the data and re-enter. That worked. Never figured out why it error out in the first place.
0 Cheers
Yikes!  Ok, I will try it! I've been pulling out my hair for an hour on this!  Thanks for responding at the 11th hour!!
0 Cheers
It didn't work.  I must be answering something weird/wrong.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need the 1065 Partnership program to prepare a multi member LLC tax return and the CA 568...if youre in the 1040 personal program you wont be able to do it in there.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From the 1065, click the state button and you should have a choice like the picture below.  

0 Cheers